IDS Sleep and Pulse-Oximetry
IDS Test ReportsIDS prides itself on accurate, professional, and easy-to-read reports for both pulse-oximetry and home sleep testing. We invite you to view samples and learn more below.
All test reports are automatically faxed to the referring physician within 5-10 minutes of processing. They are also available immediately and securely online within the DME's IDS account (with medical release).
Home Sleep Test Reports
Type III ApneaLink Home Sleep Study Sample — This report is a typical Home Sleep Test (HST) report based upon the auto-scored ResMed ApneaLink data summary. The test report is faxed to the ordering physician and visible to the DME (with medical release). This report has a graph for both Central and Obstructive Apneas due to the added respiratory effort channel.
IDS HST report highlights:
- Organized and easy-to-read; important statistics are easy to find.
- Brightly colored ApneaLink Risk Indicator graph gives a quick visual indication of the severity of recorded Apnea Hypopnea Index (AHI) relative to the norm.
- Professional interpretation and treatment suggestions are provided by one of our board certified sleep physicians.
- Standard summary sentence that quickly informs the viewer as to whether or not the patient meets standard Medicare CPAP coverage criteria (which is typically followed as a standard by many third-party insurers).
Pulse-Oximetry Test Reports
Overnight Pulse Oximetry Sample Report (PDF) — Annotations are included in this sample to help explain the test report:
IDS Pulse-oximetry report highlights:
- Important statistics, patient demographics and Medicare coverage criteria statements are organized so that they can be found quickly on the first page of the report.
- Desaturation events of greater than 5% are summarized and listed in detail.
- NEW Desaturation events of >=4% are summarized and 4% ODI is provided (which some studies indicate may be utilized to screen potential OSA candidates).
- Cumulative times of each oxygen saturation event recorded during the test are added and displayed.
- Pulse and oxygen saturation trend graphs are displayed in landscape mode in 2-hour per page epochs to show more detail.
- Desaturation events over 5% are marked and numbered on the graphs.
- Graphs are colored (web version only) to indicate saturation levels below 90 and 89.
- Complete report is typically 5 pages for an 8-hour recording.